Bounty Torta (Bounty Cake)
For International Food Festival in my Daughter's School, they chose Serbia as their nation.. The parents were asked to make any simple Serbian dishes for the festival.. I instantly decided to make any Serbian dessert... This recipe is a modified version of Serbian dessert, Bounty Torta..The chocolate cake with the coconut layers is simply delicious.... Did i forgot to mention that cake tray was empty in couple of minutes....
First Layer: Cake
All-purpose flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking soda -1/4 tsp
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Salt -1/4 tsp
Vegetable oil - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Vanilla - 1/2 tsp
Egg - 1
baking chocolate - 1 Square (1 oz)
Second Layer :Coconut Layer
Sweetened coconut flakes -2 cups
Milk - 1 ½ cups
Sugar - ½ cup
Fine semolina - 4 tbsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
Third Layer : Chocolate Glaze
Unsweetened baking chocolate - 2 squares (1 oz each)
Butter - 3 tbsp
Confectioner sugar -1 cup
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
Hot milk - 2 – 3 tbsp
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉. Sift all the dry ingredients together.
2. Pour oil, milk & Vanilla extract to the dry ingredients & mix it well using a hand mixture. Add egg to the mixture.
3. Melt the unsweetened chocolate using double boiler method. Add it to the cake mixture.
4. Grease and flour a 9 inch Springform pan.
5. Pour the mixture and bake it for 20 to 25 mins until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool the Cake completely in the pan.
1. Heat a sauce pan over a medium heat.
2. Add the butter and let it melt. Once it is melted, add Sugar, milk,semolina & coconut flakes to it.
3. Stir it well. Cook the mixture till it thickens and leaves the sides of the pan.
4. Remove it from the stove & immediately pour it over the cooled cake.
5. Refrigerate the cake.
1. Melt butter & the chocolate over low heat.
2. Sift the powdered sugar in a bowl & add the chocolate mix to it.
3. Pour a tsp of vanilla & 1 tsp milk to it.
4. Mix it using hand mixer. Add milk in between to get the desired consistency.
5. Pour the glaze over the refrigerated cake and refrigerate it for 4 hours.
Once it is cooled, remove the layered cake carefully from the pan. Decorate it with white sprinkles if you wish.
Note: Insted of a chocolate glaze, you can use regular chocolate frosting.