Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken soup for the soul.... This is the staple recipe in my kitchen when the weather goes bad.. This is the first thing i give to Shivani whenever she catches cold.. Shivani loves this soup.. She loves anything that has noodles in it..
This recipe is adapted from weelicious.com
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Pepper - 1 tsp
Cumin - 1 tsp
Crushed ginger& garlic- 1 1 tbsp
Spring onion- 1
Carrot(medium) - 1
Celery - 1 stalk
pepper powder- to taste
Salt - to taste
Thin egg noodle - 3/4 cup
32 oz Low sodium chicken broth - 1
Boneless, Skinless Chicken breast- 1
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in sauce pan.. Add the cumin, pepper, spring onion white parts &crushed ginger garlic & saute it till gets slightly brown..
2. Now add the finely chopped carrot & celery and saute them until softened..
3. Add the broth and bring it to boil.. add salt & pepper powder according to your taste..
4. Reduce the heat and add the chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces..
5. Once the chicken pieces are cooked thorough , add the thin egg noodles..
6. Cook the noodles until tender & add the cooked chicken pieces with green parts of spring onions.. Turn it off & Serve warm..